Saturday, March 12, 2011

Walking


Because The Progeny was home and could be in charge of his dad, I was able to get out for a walk early this morning. What a wonderful way to start the day and weekend! Just stepping out of the house is a relief some days, and a two mile walk--giving me time to think without distraction--is such a blessing.

I planned the day's tasks: Errands to do, laundry, soup to make for a dinner at church tomorrow. I also had some ideas for fine-tuning one of the books I hope to pitch at next Saturday's workshop.

(Of course, I always carry the cell phone, just in case, but all was well while I was gone, and when I got back.)

Walking is pretty cheap therapy. Yesterday I had a forty-five minute phone call from a friend who thinks I need to try anti-depressants. I think if I can lace up my shoes and get out more often, I can avoid that.

Maybe.

Mags



No comments:

Post a Comment