Thursday, November 24, 2011

So thankful


For family and friends, a job I enjoy, a place to live and enough money to pay the bills. For energy to do the tasks at hand, and wise counsel when I need it. For the circle of love that surrounds me and keeps me going.

Tomorrow, instead of Black Friday, I'm celebrating White Friday. I already had the dump truck rented before I read Miss Minimalist's post last night, but I love that she has named the day for us. Here in Magdalenaville, today is for celebrating our blessings, tomorrow is set aside for clearing out clutter, and making donation trips to Goodwill.

And then we can celebrate our blessings again. That's the great thing about "thanksgiving"--it's never out of season. Without doubt, it is my favorite holiday.

I hope yours is lovely.


Magdalena

2 comments:

  1. How very awesome of you. My arm was twisted to go out shopping Friday, but I was so proud of myself for not buying anything--like I need anything else. I'm starting to get the minimalist vibe, mostly out of necessity, but I like it. Makes me feel less weighted down.

    I like White Friday. How cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed White Friday, Cherie! I hope to make it an annual observance, though not necessarily with a dump truck. ;)

    ReplyDelete