Friday, December 23, 2011

Beautiful

I hope you're having a beautiful holiday season. It has been particularly lovely here in Magdalenaville. We've attended a family wedding, several dinners with friends and co-workers. I start a new job in the "real world" with the new year, which is a huge blessing, even though it is sad to leave the part-time job I love so much.

Yesterday marked two years since my husband's diagnosis. The brain tumor has changed him, but has also changed me, our son, and everyone in our lives. We are stronger, I think, and more grateful for things we used to take for granted. I am surprised, looking back, at all the beautiful things that have happened in the past two years. Truly, in this season and throughout the year, the most meaningful gifts are not wrapped in colorful paper under a Christmas tree.

Have a beautiful Christmas!

Mags

3 comments:

  1. Magdalena, wishing you a beautiful Christmas as well, and a wonderful, prosperous year ahead. I'm so glad your husband is doing good.
    Good luck with your job, but keep writing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To my dear friend, wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas. Love you bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JM and Maddie--thank you so much. All the best to you!

    ReplyDelete