Saturday, April 21, 2012

Lost

It seems I have lost almost four months. I woke up this morning and it was April 21, which did not seem particularly strange... Until I started going through an email account that had gotten crazily out of control. I had let a writers' group membership lapse, having never seen the January email about dues. I was fortunate to be able to take care of that, and spent a chunk of my morning [sort of] scanning, then deleting thousands of emails.

Thinking back on the year, January seems close enough to touch. Where did all those days go? What did I do with the time?

Then I started rewrites of a Ladies of Legend novella, for release with Turquoise Morning Press. I don't even know when I last worked at writing. After some initial awkwardness, it felt great to be doing the work I love.

Day job and a needy cat, uproar of relocation and preparation for selling our home--everything has taken what is available of my energy. I wake up tired and my brain never really kicks into gear. At night I fall into bed, exhausted. I should probably be doing something differently.

One thing is this. I should be writing. I hope my stories bring joy to my readers, but I know they bring joy to me.

I hope you have something like that in your life. If so, hold onto it. Don't go for months without it. Life, as they say, is too short...

Magdalena

2 comments:

  1. Mags, I'm so glad to hear you're writing again. Missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on doing what you love, even if it's just ten minutes here and there. And don't beat yourself up for getting behind. Your plate's full to bursting.

    I, for one (of many), want more of your writing.

    ReplyDelete