Friday, May 17, 2013

Digital stuff


So, my point is that everything, everywhere, is all about technology, and digital stuff. But when I typed "router" to look for clip art, this is the only picture that came up. Yay for clip art that's less techy-looking than it actually is. (I'm sure I'd be boggled by the technology behind me typing a word into a search box and a picture popping up. Or even how one would program a page, onto which one puts a search box which people can later type words into. OR how a digital camera takes and stores a picture for which that search box can later search... Thank you, geeks of the world, for making life easier/more complicated. I appreciate you. Mostly.)

Tonight I'm doing a booksigning at Salem Apothecary. Whee! It's a great place, with a soda fountain that serves yummy ice cream treats all day--and delicious gourmet lunches Monday through Friday. They have compounding pharmacy, a gift boutique, and a staff of wonderfully friendly people. Tonight the store is open late for the local festival, Friday Night on the Square.

How is this digital? Besides signing copies of Home Sweet Legend tonight, I'll also be giving away little slips of paper telling people how to get a FREE digital copy of Finding Home on either Kindle or Nook. Free items sell extremely well at Friday Night on the Square.

Other digital stuff on my mind this week is that my daggone cell phone keeps locking up, which makes me wonder yet again if I'd be happier with a phone that was just a phone. I don't really need to read and send email with my phone, for instance. Maybe it would simplify my life to have a basic phone again. After all, I have a laptop and fast wireless internet from a local provider. Which is another thing that's been brought up recently. Does one share one's router, or does one keep it password protected?

Best of all, technology-wise: The Progeny, who recently graduated from college(!), is working in a new job that he really enjoys, doing computerish stuff that I don't understand, but which helps other people and makes him happy. Many thanks to our friends and neighbors who gave him old computers to take apart and put back together again, back in his formative years.

Happy Friday!

Mags

No comments:

Post a Comment