Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Feel better

Our local farmers' markets have started up, and I'm not sure anyone is more excited about it than I am. Breakfast this morning included this bowl of yummy strawberries with just a little turbinado sugar sprinkled on them. The bread is white sourdough. Mmmmm. And for lunch many days in the summer, I saute' zucchini, yellow squash, and diced onion in olive oil, with some creole seasoning. In the last couple of minutes I add cashews.

I'm eating healthier because of the farmers' markets, and now that my springtime allergies have abated somewhat, I'm also able to walk for exercise. I feel better, and have more energy.

I also feel good when I give away a copy of Genevieve Davis Ginsburg's book, Widow to Widow. At the office where I work, occasionally I meet a woman who is a recent widow, and I have a box of these books under my desk to give away. That happened today. It is one tiny thing I can do, to make the world a little brighter.

Eventually I'll be able to write again, and I hope those books will brighten someone's day, too. Author: A pretty terrific job if you can get it.  :)

Mags

PS: Finding Home is still free on Kindle and Nook.


4 comments:

  1. Magdalena, I can't wait to try creole seasoning on my squash! I never though of that. Glad you are having a "feel good" day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Maddie! I hope you'll enjoy the creole...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing! I am eating healthier too and feel so much younger for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Janet. That's great to hear! I'm ready to feel younger because of it; maybe that will happen soon. :)

    ReplyDelete