Thursday, September 12, 2013

One Year



Today marks one year since my husband died. One year since my son, his fiancee, and I stood at the hospital bed, holding his hands and watching this wonderful man breathe his last earthly breath. He is at peace, and for that I am thankful.

I thought of  writing an epitaph for today's blog. But that could easily become volumes, since he was such an interesting and unique person. Bits of his personality will continue to flow into my stories, I'm sure.

I thought of writing a blog about our many milestones since that day. It has been a tough year, in a different way than the three years of his illness were tough. I am occasionally surprised by the fact that we persevered through it all. That book may eventually be written, but not yet.

Instead, I just want to express gratitude for this year of personal growth, the making of new memories, and renewed appreciation of the past as we experience the present, and cautiously look toward the future.

He is gone, but always with us. And I do think he's pleased to know that we're doing okay.

Much love,
Magdalena



No comments:

Post a Comment