Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Some highlights from this past week

I have begun re-reading, for the umpteenth time, Sarah ban Breathnach's Simple Abundance. One would think I'd have learned all these lessons about appreciating the small things in order to live a happier, more authentic life. (Photo above is not a photo of a small thing.)

So I trudge on, a constant work in progress, trying to be the best me that I can be. I pointedly do not try to be the best anybody else. Because when I do try to be like somebody else, it goes badly. So if you don't mind, I will let you be you, and I will be me.

I feel better now that we have that cleared up. Don't you?

In other news, I have tweaked--I will even say improved--a Christmas novella that is to come out in October. The Holly and the Ivy is not new, but judging from previous royalties, the chances are very, very good that you haven't read it. How exciting for all of us! (How's that for re-framing?) (Photo above is not a representation of the new book cover.)

And. Last Saturday in the beautiful little river town of Madison, Indiana I toured the visiting LST 325which is simply awesome. (Photo, above.) Very much enjoyed talking to some of the men who donate their time and talent to keeping this piece of history afloat!

Thank you for reading...
Mags




No comments:

Post a Comment