Monday, February 24, 2014

Note to Self


One thing I love about living in the Jewel Box is that there isn't a lot of extra stuff I need to do. I don't have a sidewalk to shovel, yard to rake or mow, etc. And I live in one big room, so even when I clean, it's a relatively quick process. The perfect place to live and write--yes?

One day recently I had been quite productive. I'd done laundry, washed dishes, gone to the grocery, caught up on some emails, paid bills, done promo. The only thing left on my to-do list was what one might call The Main Thing: Working on the Story. SHEESH. (Have I ever mentioned I am a procrastinator?)

So I tore off all the items I'd dealt with. I don't remember why I took a picture of my one remaining to-do, but here it is. If you can't read my scrawl, it says, "Work on 'Second Chances.'" And I have! Very excited about some new things that have come to light in the last several days about Anne and Pete--their past, their present, and (we live in hope) their future together.

Also this past week I was thrilled to attend a lecture in the Sanders Speaker Series at the Ogle Center at Indiana University Southeast in New Albany. Jeff Hoffman was the speaker. (Yes, that Jeff Hoffman! Cool, huh?) Lucky me to be there. My Writing Conscience attended too. It was a lovely evening of discussing the story with her over supper, and then listening to motivational and entrepreneurial advice from Mr Hoffman.

So many things in the last several months have made me feel more and more like a genuine author. Today, I think my blog will appear at Sweet Romance Reads. Check it out if you're so inclined. While you're there, read what some of the other authors have shared, and click on the tabs at the top of the page to see what other neat stuff is going on. It's a very talented and energetic group.

Here's hoping that all of our "to-do's" go well this week

Mags

PS: Next time I'll try to write a blog that doesn't include a picture of my kitchen countertop. Doing two in a row wasn't intentional, and three might be worse than boring.

PPS: For those of you who are concerned, Attila is doing better these days. I think he is working through his grief pretty well.

PPPS: If you prefer that I would post more pictures of my kitchen countertop, let me know. I can be flexible.

No comments:

Post a Comment