Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Snow day



This week I said good-bye to my couch. It's lovely to have lots of open space again!

One friend was shocked when I told her that I'd given the couch away. But I didn't need it, and a young man I know did need it.

Of course, even though it just left this past Sunday, I officially gave it away on Christmas Day, not knowing that we would lose Spot. I'm sure Attila wonders who/what will disappear next from the Jewel Box. (I put my former writing chair on the curb a few days before Christmas.)

Okay, when I look at it from the cat's point of view, life with me is full of surprises.

Like today, when I didn't go away for four hours in the morning and another four in the afternoon. I don't think he understands the term "snow day," though he enjoys watching the weather, and the snow removal equipment, from the warmth and safety of our window.

I've only ventured out once so far. There is cold and snow and ice, and I'm content to watch it from the window too. The cat and I are playing and doing laundry and attempting to work on my new Legend story.

Anne McClain Bradley is back in town, and no one is more surprised than hard-nosed journalist Pete Garrity. He thought he had gotten her out of his mind for good. But maybe having her in his new hometown will be even better.

Hm. Blurb might need work. So does the story, of course. Anne and Pete are destined to be together in the end. (No kidding, right?) But I'm not sure how that's going to happen. So far I understand Anne pretty well, but Pete is hard to get close to. Sheesh. Some characters are such characters!

Still, it's nice to spend my day in Legend, Tennessee--where romance lives next door.

Happy snow day to you,
Mags

3 comments:

  1. ...and I love your characters, Magdalena! I can't wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the window setting of your Jewel Box, Magdalena. I picture you there often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Maddie and Lois. I'm in the window seat of the Jewel Box right now, trying to get to know the characters better.

    I appreciate your visit, and your comments. Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete