Monday, February 17, 2014

Trying to find the words

I have struggled for a while, to write a post for the Sweet Romance Reads blog. If accepted, it will appear there on February 24.

When I write here, it's much easier. This is more like "home," and many people who come to this blog know me, either in person or because they've visited here over a period of time.

It's a different experience to introduce myself to a new group of readers. I guess I've gotten too comfortable here in my little corner of the world. I thought I knew how to go about the introduction, how to share a bit about myself and why I write what I do. I'm not sure how it will be received, though.

One thing that I can't seem to help, is to mention that I'm a widow. I share that information because it's an important part of who I am. I expect to have "widow moments" for the rest of my life. It happens. They come, you deal with them however you need to, and you go on. It's not easy by any means, but lots of things in life aren't easy.

Anne Bradley, one of the characters in Second Chances, is a widow. There are lots of interesting things about this woman; that's just one of them. She doesn't want pity, doesn't want to be seen as a victim. She is trying to figure out what her next step will be. She's sold the big house she and her husband owned in San Antonio, and is temporarily in Midnight's former apartment over The Emporium. Does she come home to Legend, Tennessee to stay, or will a respite there surrounded by family in her old hometown be enough?

It is a smidge frustrating that I could write that paragraph about Anne much more easily than writing an introduction of myself. Sheesh.

I'm not sure what I was trying to get across with this post (whining?), but the story of Anne and Pete is coming along, so that's good news. To me, anyway.

Thanks for reading,
Mags

PS: These were my actual letters in a recent Scrabble(R) game. Talk about trying to find words!





No comments:

Post a Comment