Monday, May 5, 2014

Return of the Cotton Ball


You may or may not have noticed that in my profile picture, my hair looks like a big cotton ball. Well, about a year ago I went to my hairdresser and asked her to cut off the big Cotton Ball, and make me look like Halle Berry. In order to facilitate this process, I showed her a photo of Halle Berry with her fabulous pixie cut.

I left the shop with a terrific pixie cut, but looking decidedly unlike Ms Berry. Although my attempt to look like her was doomed to fail--Life is so unfair!--the super short hair was easy, and much more comfortable during the hot summer, and during my non-seasonal hot flashes.

I am not a high-maintenance person, so after several months, decided to spend less money on hair (frequent trims) and let it grow back out. It may seem funny that simple hair made things complicated, but that's what it's like being me.

This spring and summer there are Big Things happening. Some of them will include photo opportunities. I'm hoping that my tremendously overgrown pixie will, in a timely manner, return to appropriate Cotton Ball status. It is my hope to not look stupid in the pictures.

I always have "simple yet elegant" as my ideal, like the amazing Audrey Hepburn. But I do it my own way since obviously, besides not being Halle Berry, I am also not Audrey Hepburn.

Just low-maintenance, minimalist me, hoping to do the best I can with what I have. Again.

Here is a Mother's Day twist, for those of you who celebrate that holiday: my low-maintenance Cotton Ball hair is basically the same style (in dark brown) that my mother had for most of her life. Not sure how many years it took me to realize that. So I'm emulating a different style icon--one that's more within my reach.

Wish me luck!

Mags

P.S. For those who say my blog is just a lot of fluff, here's more evidence. And you're welcome for the photo to prove it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment