Monday, June 9, 2014

Friends' Blog Tour

My friend Jan Scarbrough invited me to participate in a little blog tour. This is a neat way to introduce people to new authors.

First, here's a little info about Jan: 
A technical writer by day, Jan Scarbrough is a romance writer by night. She is the author of the popular Bluegrass Reunion series, writing heartwarming contemporary romances about home and family, single moms and children, and if the plot allows, about another passion—horses. Living in the horse country of Kentucky makes it easy for Jan to add small town, Southern charm to her books and the excitement of a horse race or a big-time, competitive horse show. Visit her blog by clicking here.
Now I get to share with you three blogs that might be of interest.

Miss Minimalist, by Francine Jay. Minimalism isn't just big white rooms with hardwood floors and no furniture. It isn't always an attempt to pare one's belongings down to whatever fits in a small backpack. Minimalism varies with each person. I suggest that you scroll down in the right margin and click on topics of your choice. I especially enjoy re-reading the items filed under Philosophy.

Sweet Romance Reads is a group blog in which I participate. (Lucky me!) Here's part of what it says on the About page:
We are a group of authors—some Indie, others traditionally, several hybrid published—who write sweet romances in a variety of subgenres: Contemporary, Fantasy, Historical, Inspirational, Mystery, Paranormal, Science Fiction and Suspense. 
We've joined together to promote our books and build a community for readers who enjoy a sweeter read.  
Wondering what defines a "sweet" romance? Sweet romances emphasize emotional intimacy and may contain sexual tension (G to PG heat levels), but there are no explicit sexual details. 

Rodney Willett's Blog. The author of this blog is the husband of British women's fiction author Marcia Willett. Each blog post is a lovely slice of life in England, along with Mr Willett's photos, and snippets of info about what Ms Willett is currently working on. Or, as he states on his blog header: "Ramblings from the politically minded nature nutter who happens to be the husband of the novelist, Marcia Willett."


Now, for anyone visiting here in Magdalenaville for the first time, I have some blog tour questions to answer:

1) What am I working on?
A Small Town Christmas. This is the first book in a new series. I'm trying a new writing process with this story, which is kind of exciting (to me, that is. I don't expect you to be excited about it, so don't worry). Second Chances is in the second step of editing at Turquoise Morning Press. The Blank Book is with a free-lance editor so I can self-publish it later this year. 
                    

2) How does my work differ from others of its genre?

I've been told that my "voice" makes my stories. I take that as a compliment. Also, I write about small towns with decades of small town life in my repertoire.

3) Why do I write what I do?

I write the kinds of things I like to read. I also think it's possible to make the world a better place one happy ending at a time.
                    
4) How does my writing process work?
I require at least three hours at a stretch to achieve any writing. I know some people can snatch a few minutes here or there, but I really have to settle in. With Second Chances, I wrote the last scene when I was about 3/4 done with the book. That was a new twist on the process, but I found it helpful. As mentioned in number 1 above, I'm trying a new process with the current project. Will tell more about that if/when it is successful.

Thank you for visiting!
Magdalena

No comments:

Post a Comment