Monday, September 1, 2014

Living the Dream

The Christmas novella is done!

It came in just over 30,000 words. I've never had such an intense writing experience, but I hope to have similar ones in the future.

A friend and I brainstormed the story in mid-July. I started writing it just after returning from RWA at the end of July/beginning of August. I wrote about 2/3 of it and realized that the story needed to be in first person.

So I started over. The same story, same characters, but this time, written entirely from the point of view of the heroine, Melissa Singer. I kept most of the scenes, but not all of them, because some had happened when the heroine wasn't present.

I'm glad I started over again--it made the story better. Plus I wrote 1-2/3 novellas in a month, which is more of a word count than I've had most months of my life. And the writing practice can only make me a better writer.

Which brings me to beta readers. I had four fabulous beta readers who quickly read the story and offered comments. Everything they said was helpful and made the story even better. Then I sent it to my amazing editor, and her work made it better yet. I look forward to announcing the release of Small Town Christmas in mid to late October.

I'll be announcing something else in the next few weeks, but that's a secret right now. Do you love secrets? I hope so.

This week I'm digging into the next story of the new series. So far I have four more planned in this series, to be written and released in 2015. It's a good thing August was a month of somewhat intense writing, because in September things will really gear up. I'm so jazzed!

~~~*~~~

Second Chances released last week, and is available so far at Amazon, ibooksAll Romance ebooks, and from the publisher, Turquoise Morning Press.

I don't have specific plans to write more Ladies of Legend books, but you never know. This new one is special to me, and if it doesn't do well I'm taking it as a sign.

                         ~~~*~~~

Tomorrow we start featuring the stories in the Small Town Charm Love and Mystery boxed set. One author and her book will be featured Sept. 2-4-6-8-10-12-14-16. I think you'll enjoy reading this series of guest posts, and that you'll enjoy the boxed set, which is currently priced at the low, low price of 99 cents.

Have a great week!

Magdalena


No comments:

Post a Comment