Monday, December 29, 2014

2015: Ready or Not, Here it Comes

I've always enjoyed taking down the Christmas decorations and getting my living space back to normal. Maybe I've been a minimalist in training my entire life. Putting away the holiday stuff takes me visually back to the basics--the perfect place from which to welcome a new year.

I'm looking forward to 2015, though 2014 has been a year packed with lots of wonderful experiences and memories for me, and for our family. (I won't bore you with details, but you can go through the archives to see what's gone on.)

I know the new year will contain some personal challenges. Honestly, I'd be glad to skip those and just do the fun stuff, but as that's not an option, I'll be working through the challenges as well as I can.

After some consideration, my resolution for 2015 is the same as the one I made 12 months ago:

To begin and end each day with gratitude, and in between, to do the best I can with what I have. 

Sounds minimalist, doesn't it? But I have an idea it will take me the whole year to try to achieve. That's how it's worked in 2014. I think this is the best resolution I've ever made, and hope to renew it again at the end of 2015. I wish each of you a new year full of gratitude and possibilities.

Are you making any resolutions for 2015?

Mags

No comments:

Post a Comment