Monday, February 2, 2015

Couples of a Certain Age

I don't know if you've noticed my profile picture, but I'm no teenager. You can be kind and say you're surprised, but I doubt either of us would believe you.

Now that I'm "of a certain age" I like to read books that feature characters from a similar era. I've written several books featuring characters around my age, too.


In Midnight in Legend, TN both hero and heroine are 40-ish. Midnight Shelby survived a horrible divorce and fled the big city and the corporate world. By way of the internet she found tiny Legend, Tennessee, and bought a big building to house a start-up business. Martin McClain is the realtor she bought it through, but he doesn't trust outsiders in his town. Midnight has grand plans for improving Legend's financial future, but Martin is one of the most stubborn people in town, and he has a lot of pull.


Charles McClain and Dorothy Robbins are in their early 20s back in 1975, the setting for Under the Mistletoe. This fun couple also makes an appearance in that book's sequel, The Holly and the Ivy, which is set in 1978. Years after their marriage, they're in Where Her Heart Is, which begins in their house when they're leaving on vacation and their library is being renovated.

Charles and Dorothy also have a walk-on in Building a Dream and a more pivotal role in Second Chances, which is about Charles's sister Anne. This couple is so much fun to write, I can't seem to leave them out of a book.



My newest book in the Ladies of Legend, Tennessee series is Second Chances. Anne McClain Bradley and Pete Garrity are in their 50s and are trying to heal after tragedies. They also are both struggling with the present because they haven't yet been able to make peace with the past. 




*****


Books in my new series, set in Serendipity, Indiana, will contain characters of a certain age too. 

Melissa and Jim in Small Town Christmas are about 38 years old. Jim's mother, Lillian, was widowed in the past year and she is an important character. Lillian will have a starring role in a later book.  

Although Emily Kincaid and her BFF's are under thirty, many of the other characters in the current project, Emily's Dreams, are not--including the hero, David Standish.

Falling in love can happen at any time in life. I'm very thankful for that fact!


Magdalena

All my books are available in ebook format, and some are in paperback. You can visit the Books page of my website, or go directly to your favorite ebook vendor via the links below.


Amazon   ~  Apple     


No comments:

Post a Comment