Tuesday, May 12, 2015

6 quick highlights from the past week

Health Much?
Today's weather was perfect for a long walk, and it's such a treat to be able to walk several days a week. I'm thankful that herbal remedies are keeping my allergies in check this year.

Mother's Day
You may know I have a bit of a checkered past with Mother's Day. To state it briefly, I am the third generation mom who has tried to defuse some of the consumerism that is Mother's Day. What a lovely surprise when the day turned out to be completely different than I expected, but also completely wonderful! I love my kids who understand me so well. (Not an easy feat, I assure you.)

Work in Progress
Monday I finished the first draft of Christmas Wedding, which will be released this fall as part of the Serendipity, Indiana series. That will be off to beta readers soon, but the main editing has to wait until late summer when my editor will be deluged with three Serendipity stories. And yeah, I'll be working on the next one as soon as the beta reader email goes out with Christmas Wedding.

What I'm Reading
Chestnut Street, a delightful collection of short stories by Maeve Binchy. You know what this makes me want to do? Travel to Ireland (actually have always wanted to do that), and write a short story collection (wonder if readers would be interested).


What I'm Watching
The first season of I Dream of Jeannie on DVD, a couple of episodes a week. What fun!

Minimalist Lifestyle
I recently read this article on Becoming Minimalist: 8 Reasons Successful People Are Choosing to Wear the Same Thing Every Day. I've lived both sides of this and maybe you have too. What worked best for me at the most recent day job was black dress pants and a twin set. (I had several colors of the same twin set from LL Bean.) My uniform these days? Boot-cut jeans and a v-neck T-shirt. Comfort is queen!

I hope you're having a wonderful week!
Magdalena

~*~

Please look for my romance novels and novellas at your favorite online seller:


Amazon (U.S.)    ~  Amazon (U.K.)

   Barnes & Noble  ~   ibooks   ~   Kobo



No comments:

Post a Comment